Gordon Glyn-Jones is a Zimbabwean artist based in London. His work explores the future evolution of living things.
Born of a discipline of drawing every single day, his visual narratives are nuanced and intuitive; pointing to future projections of living things.
Whilst his subject matter is speculative, his distinct visual language references surrealist and folkloric art traditions. He paints in oil, ink or watercolour and draws in graphite and ink.
EDUCATION: Studied under Helen Leiros, Delta Gallery, Zimbabwe. BA(FA) Michaelis Art School, University of Cape Town.
CAREER: Gordon has taken part in various group shows and constantly evolving new projects with artists, curators and galleries. He periodically writes about art, specifically supporting African art abroad and has edited and written for various travel & culture magazines internationally. (BBC/ArtAfrica/TSA)
WORKSHOPS: He holds regular drawing workshops and online classes that share facets of his process, allowing his students a unique access to the exhilarating power of pure invention.
- ART ON A POSTCARD - 30 JUNE - 3 JULY, 2022
Artists invited in past auctions include: Marina Abramović, Damien Hirst, Gavin Turk, Marc Quinn, Gilbert and George, Peter Blake RA, Hurvin Anderson, Grayson Perry RA, Larry Clark, Martin Parr. (More...)
- BRAVE NEW WORLDS (Becoming Angels) - June 30, 2022, hosted by Koop Gallery.
Artists: Georgina Maxim | Patrick Tagoe-Turkson | Peter Mammes | Gordon Glyn-Jones | Hamed Ouattara | Irwin Pascal. (More...)
- THE BEDCUBE - Open House, As a response to lockdown, transformed bedroom into microgallery and had a show of recent drawings,. 2021. (More...)
- SPECULATIVE FICTION - Group show, Candid Arts Trust, November 2020
Artists: Delphine Lebourgeois | Georgia Kitty Harris | Gordon Glyn-Jones | Jenny Timmer | Michael Henley | Peter Mammes (more...)
- ONE MORE LIGHT - June 2019, Eddie Lock Gallery, Folkstone. An exhibition raising money and awareness for mental health Artists: Banksy, Blek Le Rat, Carne Griffiths, Dan Baldwin, Carne, Jamie Reid, Illuminati-Neon and Mal-One. (more...)
- SOLO SHOW - April 2018, Arches 402 Gallery, Hoxton.
Show was a culmination of initial practice of posting a piece a day for 90 days on Instagram, plus large works (more...)
- ART AFRICA FAIR - Curated by Art Africa Magazine: presenting Africa’s most exciting contemporary talents. 2017, Cape Town
Curated by: Alimata Diop | Uche OkpaIroha | Pierre-Christophe Gam | Thembinkosi Goniwe | Ruzy Rusike (more...)
- GREEN CREATES - Green Party Exhibition, celebrating the best of green creativity, 2016, Hoxton (more...)
Artists: Gavin Turk | Grayson Perry | Lesley Hilling | Ralph Steadman | Sasha Bowles | Tamsin Relly | War Boutique.
- HUMAN NATURE' - Investigating our troubled relationship with Nature. 2015, Group Show, Hoxton. (more...)
Artists: Lesley Hilling | Harry Cory-Wright | Jonesy | Ben Wilson | Oliver Barnett | Nicola Nemec.